Abby

Abby

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Warning! Chemo Crash Ahead!

Monday and Tuesday were so nice. No sickness, no tiredness, no achiness, no chemo brain. And then I woke up this morning...

To be fair, I'm still not feeling too bad. My lower back is aching a little, possibly from the Neulasta shot on Tuesday. I'm much more tired today that I have been. Wears me out to do much of anything. Still no nausea, thank the Lord! But the chemo brain has made an auspicious appearance.

I can't really go into a lot of detail seeing as how this is a public blog, open to all the world to read and I don't want to be one of those stupid people who tells the entire world when the house will potentially be empty or when I might be home alone. I have guns and a LARGE Chow mix with an attitude, plus 2 Bulldogs, but these days you just can't be too careful. Sad, but true.

Suffice it to say that I woke up, took a look at the time projected on the ceiling from Mark's clock, and woke him up to tell him he had to get up. This was, unfortunately, not true. For some reason, my chemo addled brain saw one time when it was actually another. We went back to sleep after straightening out the mistake, then after Mark went to work he called to check on me and told me he was telling people the chemo brain is setting in.So glad he's out there making me look good!

Anyway, I don't feel bad, per se, but I feel far less perky than I did the previous 2 days. I was hoping the Decadron (steroid) pills would keep that steroid high going at least through tomorrow, but no such luck it seems. Monday and Tuesday must have been a result of the massive dose they give me right before administering the chemo.

We'll see what tomorrow brings. Hopefully, it won't be any worse than today. But even if it is, I know God will get me through it!

PS: a quick shout out to my precious friends: Carolyn-who is working on getting me set up with some scarves and hats made by her very own hands (mine too, if I can work up the engergy); Anita-who keeps calling to make sure I'm okay and to let me know she's still praying for me; and Val-who is always ready to take me anywhere I might need to go, or maybe to bring over some dinner or anything else I might possibly need. I am so very, greatly blessed to have these women in my life. Thank you, Lord, for the gift of their friendships!

No comments:

Post a Comment