Abby

Abby

Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Buttered Rosemary Rolls

http://thepioneerwoman.com/cooking/2009/10/buttered-rosemary-rolls/
The Pioneer Woman's Buttered Rosemary Rolls
Okay, made these yesterday. Didn't use the iron skillet because... well because I just didn't want to dig it out and I already had a square cake pan handy. The pan held nine comfortably and I just let them rise pretty much all day, which kinda became an issue eventually because they got so huge and fluffy that a couple of them finally collapsed. That was when I decided to go ahead and bake those puppies. (I'd been waiting for Mark to get home, but wouldn't you know, it was one of those 15 hour days, so I finally had to give in and get them into the oven.) Anyway, been wanting to make them since I first saw the recipe and finally picked up some rosemary. Let me just say that they are absolutely AWESOME! And by awesome, I mean irresistible and so blasted good that you'll be tempted to forgo whatever you actually intended to eat as a main course. Mark ate four of them, and he is NOT a big bread guy. He kept telling me last night that it was all really good. He's not stingy with compliments in general, but by the time he'd said it three or four times, I figured he liked his supper. Just FYI, I made a big pot of beef stew that I've been wanting but that I have no recipe for. I just started tossing stuff into the pot and added whatever struck my fancy at the moment. Then let it simmer all day long and it turned out pretty good, if I do say so myself. Anyway, I scarfed down 2 of the rolls right after they came out of the oven, then ate 3 more with supper. Or maybe Mark wound up eating five and I ate 2 more. I don't really know. All I know for sure is that the pan was empty before we went to bed, half the beef stew was gone, and I was feeling a bit like a balloon that was ready to pop. I was a bit leery of using too much rosemary because it's one of those spices that has a fine line between just right and overwhelming. But I think the next time I make them, I'll ad a bit more than I did this time. I didn't have the fancy sea salt that the recipe calls for, but did have some regular old sea salt and that's what I used. Seriously, they were just insanely delicious. I'm making another pan of rolls today, though I'm going with an old favorite - Honey Pan Rolls, with the shortcut of using the frozen dough. I'm going to take some pictures of these, and maybe post them assuming they all turn out okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment